Zohra Foundation is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
- We use your personal information to give you the information, support, services, or products you ask for.
- We use your information for internal administrative purposes (such as our accounting and records), and to let you know about changes to our services or policies or to ask you for feedback.
- We use your personal information look into, and respond to, complaints, legal claims or other issues.
- We use your personal information to claim Gift Aid on your donations if you opt in.
- We use your information to gain a full understanding of your situation so we can develop and offer you the best possible personalised services.We may use your information to send you communications about our work and how you can help us to help you, for example, information about our campaigns and activities. You can let us know if you would prefer not to receive these communications at any time by emailing email@example.com.We may combine your information with other information (for example, from public records or on social media) and create a profile of your interests and preferences. We do this to help us determine whether and in what ways you might be interested in helping us or getting involved in our activities.
- Some non-personally identifiable information may also be used for the following purposes
(a) Marketing statistical analysis
(b) Customer admin and support
(c) Technical admin
We will never share, sell or swap your details with any third parties for the purposes of their own marketing or the monetising of your data. We may disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- To suppliers or service providers only to provide the products or services you’ve requested from us.
- To trusted third parties who work with us in connection with our charitable purposes, to provide our updates and marketing information (subject to your communication preferences and our internal policies and procedures).
- We require these third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and data protection laws and we will make sure that appropriate controls are in place.
- Where we are under a duty to disclose your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies), or in order to enforce or apply our rights (including in relation to our website or other applicable terms and conditions) or to protect us, for example in cases of suspected fraud or defamation.
This website may include links to other sites, not owned or managed by us. We cannot be held responsible for the privacy of information collected by websites not managed by us. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
We use information derived from cookies in order to:
- compile statistics on how our website is being used, which can help us to improve our website and online services.
- facilitate users’ ability to navigate through the website.
- ascertain whether the website is operating effectively.
- personalise and improve the service we offer you by understanding your preferences and establishing which areas of the website are most relevant to you.
Third party cookies: We also use third party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisement about goods and services that may be of interest to you.
Managing cookies: In your web browser you can control which types of cookies you allow. You can turn cookies on or off using your browser’s settings. You can also delete cookies and clear your browser’s cache (history).
If you’re aged 16 or under, you must get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information on the website.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. You also have the right to request us to erase your personal information, request us to restrict our processing of your personal information or to object to our processing of your personal information.
Should you wish to exercise these rights we require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification. Please address requests to the Data Protection Officer, 1st Floor, 415 High Street, London, E15 4QZ. Please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us to help us locate your records.
Where you have provided your consent for our use of your personal information, you always have a right to withdraw your consent at any time.
It is always your choice as to whether you want to receive information about our work and the ways you can get involved. If you do not want us to use your personal information in these ways, please indicate your preferences on the form on which we collect your personal information.
We will not use your personal information for marketing purposes if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted by us for such purposes. However, we may retain your details on suppression lists to help ensure that we do not continue to contact you.
You can opt-out of receiving direct information from us at any time. Simply contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know your updated communication preferences.